Sunday, March 19, 2017

From 17th Day to 29th Day of my Internship

Hii Girls!!!! 😊I am back😊

We all are about to complete our internship very soon. Then back to class, we all will be meeting after  1 ½ month. In this learning, practically working in a library, experiencing new things everyday didn’t realize how 1 ½ month went by😯. But was a great learning isn’t it girls?😊

Back to pavilion. So what did I learn in these two weeks? 

We celebrated International Women’s Day on 8th March. I selected books and magazines on women from stack and displayed in library. We gave chocolate to each girl who came at circulation counter to issue books. Every time any student would come to browse the displayed books , i use to slowly peep through the counter to check which book is the user browsing, will he issue or he will not issue😊 When students issue a book from the display I use to feel very happy, because I selected it😊 I use to display books in a bookstore before, let me tell you I was very bad in displaying books, and I am still bad. You know you need to have that knack of which book to display and how creatively you should display so that the library user or customer will get attracted to and I was not at all good in that. If I display 10 books from my section only one use to get sold. So has the saying goes “Try Try till you Succeed”. In SFIT library they always experiment with new ideas for students comfort.

Also was working on my projects which were assigned to me. Learnt many new things while working on projects because I was working on new software Dspace. My learning through Dspace activity was more like archives we studied in class, what we learnt in class I was actually doing it practically. Collating photographs from every source of events we can get for eg: Newsletter, SFIT Magazine, Facebook, Website, hard copy of photograph etc. Arranging them year wise in folders (database management) etc. Was a great experience😊

There was another project preparing Library Orientation for First Year Students and that presentation to be prepared online through Prezi software, again working on a new software. Very much enjoyed😊

We celebrated Entrepreneur’s Day on 15th March😊 Library has section full of entrepreneur books so we displayed books and magazine in library. We keep the display for 1 week😊

No comments:

Post a Comment