Wednesday, February 15, 2017

6th Day of my Internship


Exam Exam Exam Exam!!!😊

Yes, from today our engineering students exam have started students are everywhere with books in hand to go through the important points they can make a note before they enter the exam hall. And for library, when student’s exam is over for the day be it morning and afternoon, it’s a rush hour for library because students come to return books and to issue books.

I want to share some stupid mistake.  I was taught to arrange library cards in returns section last week and I confidently arranged.. Has I said before, students exam have started so it’s a rush hour for library. Many students come to return their books and some students come to issue their books , so when in morning, students came to return their book I was handling  issue and reissue counter and ma’am and other library staff were handling return counter and when taking returns they were not able to find the locate library cards from the cards arranged, it was taking them to find, when this happened 3, 4 times then I realized i might have done something wrong, this intelligent lady of the universe did a very intelligent mistake of the universe obviously😊, I realized I might have not arranged the cards properly, then after the rush hour was over in morning I immediately arranged all the library cards in a right way. What mistake I did was that my first step was correct to arrange the card according to the authors name but I missed the second step i.e to arrange the cards according to the accession number as well so that it will easy to locate the card. And in afternoon when the rush hour was back the library staff was able to find the cards easily and I breathe a sigh of relief. So girls I learned a lesson through my stupid mistake. Don’t worry they haven’t fired me. They were very patient and understanding😊

Ma’am has given me the list of Bibliographies of books they have prepared and I have to check the count of books available in library and also to check the syllabus of the course in which there is a list of recommended books, if any book is missing to be added in the list. Through this activity I can understand their syllabus better.

Sharing with you a quote which is displayed in the library area.😊


"Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life. Thinking is progress. Non-thinking is stagnation of the individual, organisation and the country. Thinking leads to action. Knowledge without action is useless and irrelevant. Knowledge with action, converts adversity into prosperity." 
- Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam

1 comment: